Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pizza

Today, Tianna, Kaitlyn, Alessa and Colin got to serve pizza and birthday cake in their Pizza Restaurant. It all started when they were making pizza and birthday cake with playdough and then wrote a menu for a pretend pizza restaurant. Mrs. Cole and I thought it would be a good learning experience for them if they got to sell pizza and birthday cakes in a real life situation. We decided to get all the children involved by having them create their own pizza recipe, as we were already talking about procedural text in our Inquiry of Space and with our apple crisp. We chose to have Colin serve apple crisp as his birthday cake for a healthier choice.


This morning the children used their recipe to make their own pizza. We then set up four tables where Tianna, Kaitlyn and Alessa got to sell the pizza made by their classmates. Colin sold apple crisp on which he added a candle to make birthday cakes. Nahisha, Giuliana M., Ben and Ava got the be cashiers and Giuliana G. did an amazing job as our hostess. Here are a few pictures. Do not forget to view your child`s ePorfolio to see your child in action.


Recette de pizza
Restaurant Alessa - Pizza $1

Restaurant Colin - Gâteau $5.00




Restaurant Kaitlyn - Pizza $10.00



Restaurant Tianna - Pizza $4.00



 
Pizza Restaurant menu written by Tianna, Alessa, Kaitlyn and Colin.

Click here to listen to what the children have to say after tasting the apple crisp  

Here are more comments about our apple crisp 

 

What did you like most about making pizza?

 
 
James: Eating it in the afternoon.
 
Adam: I didn't like anything about the pizza, I just liked the apple crisp.
 
Aiden: Making the pizza and eating it with the apple crisp.
 
Ben: Putting on the cheese.
 
Alessio: Cheese
 
Tammy: I liked putting on the cheese on the pizza.
 
Devin: I liked putting everything on it because it tasted really good and it tasted so delicious like apples.
 
Kaitlyn: I liked when I got the bread.
 
Hannah: I liked to put on the sauce.
 
Colin: The pizza because I put mushrooms and peppers. I don't like spicy peppers because they're too spicy for me.
 
Davan: I like the peppers and the pineapple but not the mushrooms because I don't like mushrooms.
 
Brandon: I like getting the cheese.
 
Preston: Just cheese.
 
Ava: Cheese.
 
Jackson: Putting on the sauce.
 
Nahisha: Putting the cheese.
 
Joanna-Lee: I liked the cheese.
 
Folu: All of it.
 
Tianna: Cheese on it.
 
Mahmoud: Pouring cheese on it.
 
Fouad: Eating it, it was yummy.
 
Giuliana G.: Putting the cheese on.
 
Giuliana M.: So I liked it how I made the pizza and I liked it how I was the cashier and I liked it how I eated my pizza and the apple crisp.
 
Christina: I like to make that pizza and I liked to put the cheese on it and the sauce.
 
Antonio: Putting on the cheese.
 
 
After doing a survey, we found out that 15 children preferred the pizza over the apple crisp.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment