Saturday, June 14, 2014

Brandon's Learning


The children were asked to draw a picture of a living thing.  Brandon came to me and showed a picture.  He proudly said: "Look Mme Maklin, I did spots".   The" spots" were divided on each of the 4 corners of an X. Then I told him that he should have his friends estimate which side had the most.  We put his drawing on a chart paper to allow his friends to make a check mark where they thought there was the most "spots".  Brandon spent all morning inviting his friends to come and do his activity.  Then he got to present his results with the class. We counted the spots with Brandon and he wrote the numbers. WELL DONE BRANDON!
 

Alessio and Brandon built a very tall structure using blocks. I asked them how many levels it had.  They answered 6.  When asked what it was Alessio said it was a tower.  I asked the name of the tower and Brandon named it Angry Bird. The boys wrote down the name of their tower. We compared the tower height to them and to myself.
 
 
The tower is taller than Alessio and Brandon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The tower is almost as tall as Mme Maklin.
 

Alessio took a picture of me in front of the tower.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment